They also have their weekly STEM Challenge set by Chris Ridge from Air Products.
Boys Bake Off:
- 375g good quality dark chocolate
- 375g, cut into pieces
- 500g caster sugar
- 6 medium eggs
- 225g plain flour
- 375g butter
- For the topping (optional)
- 140g good quality dark chocolate
- 50g butter, cut into pieces
- icing sugar for dusting
1. Butter and line a 30cm x 21cm tin. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Break up the chocolate with the butter and melt in the microwave on medium for about 5 minutes, stirring halfway through.
2. Beat the sugar and eggs in a bowl. Stir in the melted chocolate, add the flour and beat well. Pour into the tin and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the top looks papery and feels slightly wobbly. Leave to cool in the tin.
3. If you're making the topping, break up the chocolate with the butter and melt in the microwave on medium for about 1 minute. Stir until smooth then spread over the cake. Dust with icing sugar and cut into squares.
FOR THE ICE CREAM
- 150ml double cream
- 30g icing sugar
- 500g natural yoghurt
- 90g chocolate chip cookies
- 60g mini marshmallows
- 60g honeycomb
- carefully chop the honeycomb into small pieces and break the cookies into slightly larger pieces. leave to one side.
- pour the cream into a mixing bowl and sieve in the icing sugar. lightly whip the cream to soft peaks. (you could use an electric or hand whisk.
- Gently fold the yoghurt, honeycomb, cookies and marshmallows into the cream using a plastic spatula or metal spoon.
- spoon the mixture into tubs, cover and freeze. stir the mixture every hour to prevent ice crystals forming and freeze for at least an other 2 hours.